Fluke 1630 Earth Ground Clamp Meter Details
The Fluke 1630 Earth Ground Clamp Meter is an exceptional tool. With a compact and rugged design the Fluke 1630 is easy to use in compact spaces and harsh environments, while the display-HOLD keeps the measurements on screen.
The continuity testing with an audible alarm function ensures convenient use. This novel technique means that earth ground loop testing and continuity testing can be completed without breaking the circuit.
It simplifies ground loop testing (also known as ‘stakeless’ earth ground testing) and enables non-intrusive leakage current measurement. ‘Stakeless’ testing eliminates the need to disconnect parallel ground rods and find suitable locations for placing auxiliary ground stakes.
This saves time and enables users such as industrial and utility electricians, and field service electricians and contractors, to perform earth ground loop tests in locations where it is not possible to use other techniques, including inside buildings or on power pylons.
With the ‘stakeless’ testing method, earth ground stakes are no longer necessary. Simply place the earth ground clamp around the earth ground rod or connecting cable. One half of the clamp induces a voltage, while the other half measures the current.
Group loop resistance is automatically determined at the grounding location.
Fluke 1630 features:
- Ground loop resistance testing without any disconnection or additional earth stakes
- Earth ground leakage current measurement for system troubleshooting
- True RMS AC current measurement range up to 30 A
- Rapid evaluation of continuity without disconnection and audible HI/LO alarm
- Display-HOLD function to freeze measurements
- Recording function for automatic storage of measured values, which can be recalled later on the LCD display
- Automatic self calibration ensures correct measurement every time
- Two year warranty
The Fluke 1630 is ideally suited for the following applications:
- Ground loop checks on any earthing system
- Continuity tests on earth bonding circuits and connections
- Inspection of lighting protection systems
- Leakage current measurement for troubleshooting on earth ground systems
- Rugged carrying case with belt
- Resistance test loop
- 9 V battery
- Operating instructions
- Technical Specs
- Operating error Refers to the operating temperature range and is guaranteed for 2 years
- Storage temp. range -20 °C to 60 °C (-4°F to 140 °F)
- Reference temp. range 23 °C ± 5 °C (73 °F ± 9 °F)
- Storage humidity <75 % Rh
- Operating humidity <85% Rh
- Display 999 digital LC display with special symbols
- Protection IP30 according to IEC 529/EN 60529
- Safety 300 V, CAT III pollution degree 2 IEC 61010-1 and IEC 61010-2-032
- Weight 750 g (1.165 lbs)
- Conductor size 35 mm (1.38 in) approximately
- Dimension (length x width x depth) 276 mm x 100 mm x 47 mm (10.8 in x 3.9 in x 1.9 in)
- Emission IEC 1000 4-2, IEC 61326-I class B
- Immunity IEC 61000-4-2, 8 kV (air) criteria A, IEC 61000-4-3, 3 V/m performance criteria A
- Range selection Auto
- Overload indicator "OL" on display
- Measuring time 0.5 sec
- Measuring frequency 3.333 kHz
- Battery type 9 V alkaline (type IEC 6 LR 61)
- Battery life ≥ 8 hours (continuous operation)
- Power consumption 40 mA
- Low battery indication Display symbol