FLIR Scout PS24 Thermal Camera Details
Note: the FLIR Scout PS24 has now been discontinued. The replacement model for this product is the FLIR Scout II 240.
Small, lightweight and fast-running, the FLIR Scout PS24 is an ideal thermal imaging camera for wildlife enthusiasts, rangers, woodland search and rescue teams and all other outdoorsmen.
The device can be used to effectively see through darkened areas, fog, rainy weather and more to gain a comprehensive view of the environment around you. This means that you can easily located members of your party even in complete darkness and the camera can also be used to find your way across dangerous terrain.
Although this is one of the uses of the camera it is primarily used in the detection and monitoring of wildlife. As this camera uses infrared rather than visible light to create an image it is able to detect things that our eyes cannot and displays the results back to the camera as a thermal image.
This means that you can clearly see the thermal signatures of wildlife even if they were hidden in foliage, or were using their own natural camouflage to remain undetected.
The Scout PS24 is absolutely tiny in size and is perfect for long trips where lugging around bulky equipment isn’t feasible. It is designed as a single eye-piece like a telescope, and all of the features of the device are accessible via easy to use buttons on the top of the device so you don’t have to remove it from your eye while you adjust settings.
To aid with detection the FLIR PS24 features three different polarity modes: white hot, black hot and Instalert. Each of these changes the image you see in different ways, and depending on the application switching between different polarities means you’ll get a clearer image.
In addition to this mode the PS24 also features LCD brightness changer and an embedded LED tasklight for illuminating darkened areas.
- Small size camera ideal for any outdoor application
- Lightweight – weighs just 12 ounces
- Rugged, weathertight and ergonomically designed
- Switch between different resolutions
- White Hot, Black Hot and InstAlert Polarity
- Easy operation – all buttons are on the top of the device for easy switching between power, polarity and LCD brightness
- Embedded tasklight
- Rechargeable batteries
- See heat signatures even through dense woodland, traildust, fog and more
- Detect man-sized targets at 350 yards away
- Quick start-up
- Included with the Purchase
- FLIR SCOUT PS24
- USB Cable
- Wrist strap
- Soft drawstring bag
- Product CD
- 19mm Fixed Focus Lens
- Resolution: 240 x 180 VOx Microbolometer
- Field of view: 24° x 18°
- Size (L x W X H) 6.70” x 2.31” x 2.44”
- Weight (with battery): 12oz
- Operating temperature: -4°F to 122°F (-20°C to +50°C)
- Tasklight: LED
- Polarity: White Hot, Black Hot and InstAlert
- Video Format: 9Hz Refresh Rate
- Startup: <5seconds
- E-zoom: No
- Battery: Internal battery/Li-ion
- Battery recharging: USB cable for internal battery, optional charging cradle
- Rating: IP-67
- Detect man-sized target: -350yards
- Technical Specs
FLIR Scout PS Series Technical Specifications
|Lens||19mm fixed focus|
|Resolution||240 x 180 VOx microbolometer||320 x 240 VOx microbolometer|
|Field of View (H x V)||24 x 18°|
|Size (L x W x H)||6.70 x 2.31 x 2.44"|
|Weight (with Battery)||12oz|
|Operating Temperature||-4 to 122°F (-20 to 50°C)|
|Display Resolution||320 x 240|
|Detection Palettes||White Hot; Black Hot; InstAlert|
|Video Format||9Hz refresh rate|
|Battery Recharging||AC adapter, USB cable|
|Detect Man-Sized Target||-350 yards||-500 yards|